|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 4 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 med Lemon zest and juiced ( set aside the juice for later)
- 1 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Chives rinsed and chopped
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinsed, use leaves only
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Oregano rinsed and chopped leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 4-5 small zucchini squash using a vegetable peeler or a spiral slicer, cut into noodles
- 1/4 + 1 cup + tbsp olive oil the 1 tbsp is for the pan
- 1/2 tsp smoky mesquite (Weber seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 5-6 Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil leaves, rinsed, stacked, rolled and sliced
- 2 medium sized fresh tomatoes or fresh grape or cherry tomatoes diced or cut in half if using grape or cherry variety
- In a resealable gallon bag add the 4 chicken breasts, garlic, chives, thyme, oregano, lemon zest, Cookies Flavor Enhancer, and 1/4 cup olive oil; toss to coat the chicken and refrigerate for 3 hours or over night if desired.
- Take a large skillet and heat over medium heat; add the chicken with the marinade until the chicken isn't pink in the center and the juice runs out clear, usually about 7-9 minutes. Using an instant read thermometer inserted into the thick part of the meat, it should read at least 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the pan; set aside to keep it warm.
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp olive oil into the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat; stir in the zucchini and the smokey mesquite seasoning, cook until the zucchini is warm, about 3-4 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Stir the ricotta cheese and the basil into the zucchini; cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir to mix everything together. Remove from the heat and squeeze lemon juice over the entire dish. Portion into individual serving bowls, top each with tomatoes before serving, enjoy.
Share this Recipe