|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- 5 cups strawberries crushed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 pkg powdered fruit pectin 1 3/4 oz size box
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh Mariposa Farms Basil minced
- Wash 9 half pint canning jars and cover to keep them hot. Fill a water bath canner almost half full of water and bring to a simmer. Place 9 lid flats in a small pan of hot water.
- In a dutch oven, combine the strawberries and the butter. Stir in the pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full boil. Boil and stir for about a minute. Stir in the basil quickly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam. Ladle the hot mixture into 9 half pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch head-space. Remove air bubbles, adjust head-space by adding more hot mixture if necessary. Wipe the rims. Center lids on jars and screw bands until fingertip tight.
- Place the jars into the canner of simmering water, make sure they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and set a timer for 10 minutes. Shut off heat when timer goes off, remove lid and wait 5 minutes before removing jars from the canner. Set on a towel and leave for 24 hours.
- Date and label jars. Store in a cool dry area.
Share this Recipe