|Prep Time||20-30 minutes|
- 4 6-8 oz sirloin tip steaks
- 4 oz butter chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped (Optional)
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 pkgs Mariposa Farms Dehydrated Mushrooms Or your favorite variety Rehydrated
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup hot beef stock
- 4 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Chervil washed and chopped
- 4 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Parsley washed and chopped
- Melt the butter with the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic cooking until softened. Add the re-hydrated mushrooms and saute until warmed through.
- Add the red wine and beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced and thickened, add the chervil and stir.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or skillet until smoking hot but not red. Rub the steaks with oil and season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the steaks in the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked to your desired doneness. Remove and rest for 3-4 minutes before plating.
- Place each steak on its own plate and spoon the mushroom sauce over the top of the steaks. Top with fresh parsley and serve with a salad or your favorite veggie.
Share this Recipe