|Cook Time||75 minutes|
- 3 lbs raw shrimp peeled
- 1 lb andouille sausage sliced
- 1 lb fresh lumb crabmeat picked and shell pieces removed
- 2-3 dozen oysters (approximately 1 pint)
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs sliced okra fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 1/2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped and divided
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz whole tomatoes canned, drained, chopped (reserve liquid)
- 3 Mariposa Farms Fresh Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup Mariposa Farms Fresh Italian Flat Parsley chopped
- 1/2 -1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups seafood stock
- long-grain rice cooked, hot
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet. Add okra and a pinch of salt. Saute 10 minutes. Place okra into another bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to skillet and saute andouille until browned and set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat remaining oil over high heat, add flour and reduce heat. Cook until roux is medium brown, stirring constantly. Add chopped onion (not green onions), celery, bell pepper and saute until vegetables start to soften. Add the garlic and 1/2 of the green onions. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, hot sauce, remaining salt, red and black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaves. Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup of reserved liquid.
- Stir in seafood stock gradually. Add reserved andouille and okra. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hr.
- Stir in shrimp and remaining green onions. After 3 minutes add oysters, crabmeat and parsley. Simmer for 1 minute more. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve over hot rice.
Share this Recipe