- 1 5-6 lb whole chicken rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tbsp dry buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix divided
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme leaves rinse thoroughly before removing leaves
- 1 large Lemon cut into wedges
- 6-8 sprigs Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinsed
- 12-15 small red potatoes washed and cut in half
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Lower the rack to the bottom third of the oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Using a cast iron chicken pan, spray the pan before use, set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry and loosen the skin on the legs and the breasts. In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp of the ranch mix with the butter, lemon pepper and thyme.
- Coat the chicken on both the inside and outside with the butter mixture, be sure to rub under the skin too. If your pan has the center support for the chicken, you will place it over that after pouring the lemon juice into the well in the center of the pan.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle to coat with the remaining ranch mix, then drizzle with olive oil. Place the potatoes in the pan around the chicken. Place 3-4 sprigs of thyme and a couple lemon wedges inside the cavity of the chicken. Place the remaining thyme sprigs and lemon wedges around the potatoes.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the juices run clear. The potatoes should be tender when poked with a fork. Internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees. Broil for a few minutes to give the skin a golden brown color. Remove from oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before arranging on a serving platter. Carve and serve.
Share this Recipe