- 1 lb chicken or beef cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4` tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 lb ham
- 2 tsp chicken or beef boullion
- 1 sprig Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme chopped
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice i.e. carrots, peppers, tomatoes, peas
- hot pepper if desired
- Salt and pepper the meat. In a large frying pan heat oil and brown meat on all sides and cook until tender. Place meat in a large pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and ham to the oil in frying pan. Saute until onion is translucent. Add this mixture to meat in the large pot. DO NOT discard oil.
- Add the bouillon, thyme, ginger, 1 1/2 cup water and tomato paste to large pot with the meat and stir well. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add rice to the frying pan with the oil and stir to coat.
- Add the rice and vegetables to the pot with meat mixture. Stir well and cover. Cook over low heat for 40-50 minutes until rice is tender.
- You can add hot pepper to this to give it some 'heat' if you like.
Share this Recipe