|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh peas shelled (or frozen)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400. In large skillet heat olive oil on medium-high. Saute carrots until they begin to soften
- Add in onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add beef, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until meat is browned and then drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and peas. Stir until butter is melted. Sprinkle with flour and stir until mixed well.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth. Allow to thicken and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat. Pour filling into a greased baking dish. Spread potatoes over the top. Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Share this Recipe