|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||3.5 hrs|
- 1 bone in turkey breast approx 7 lbs
- 1 apple cut into slices
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Sage
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Rosemary
- 1.5 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
Preparing the Turkey Breast
- Rinse and pat dry turkey breast, then loosen skin on both sides.
- Mix the seasoning salt and paprika and spread liberally on the underside of the turkey skin and the remainder on the outside. Place the remaining herbs underneath the skin also.
Preparing the Smoker
- Soak 3 cups of wood chips in water
- In the water pan of your smoker, add the apple, onion, half of the time, half of the rosemary and half of the sage (leaves torn).
- Using approximately 10 lbs of charcoal, light and when it's nearly all gray, place water pan on top of grill base in grill. Add 7 cups water to the water pan with the apple, onion and herbs. Replace grill rack.
- Drain the excess water off of the wood chips and add to the charcoal.
- Place turkey breast on top rack, cover and smoke at 250 degrees for approximately 3 1/2 hours until it is 160 degrees internally.
- Cover with foil and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe