- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 3 medium ripe pears peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 leaves Mariposa Farms Fresh Sage Rinsed thoroughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mild blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 loaf white or whole wheat baguette sliced into 16 1/4 inch thick slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 3 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the pears and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Spread remaining butter on the baguette slices and arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake until well toasted, 12-15 minutes.
- When the pears are soft, stir in the sage and remove from heat. Top each toasted baguette slice with a tbsp of pear salsa and sprinkle with blue cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe