- 1 (3-4 lb) beef tenderloin center cut
- 2 rounded tbsp Dijon mustard
- 12 large leaves Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil Rinsed thoroughly
- 12 large leaves Mariposa Farms Fresh Sage Rinsed thoroughly
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Rosemary Rinsed thoroughly
- 4 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme (leaves) rinse thoroughly before removing leaves
- 8 medium cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2-3 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- reserve several sprigs of each herb for garnish
- Set the Beef tenderloin out about an hour ahead of time to bring it to room temperature.
- Cut the Beef Tenderloin like a hot-dog bun to within 1/2" of the opposite side. Lay it open, spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1-1 1/2 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer. Place the basil and sage leaves on the bottom half, and spread the thyme leaves, and garlic.
- Fold together and tie with cotton kitchen string, spacing approximately 1" apart. Rub down with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining Cookies Flavor Enhancer. Top with several sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat and place a drip pan under grill grates filled half way with warm water. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill the beef over indirect heat, covered, to 130-135 degrees F. when an instant read thermometer is placed in thickest part of the meat. This should take about an hour or so. Transfer the beef to a platter and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove string. Top the beef with fresh sprigs of herbs. Slice and season as desired according to taste.
Share this Recipe