- 2-4 lbs ground venison
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches green onions diced
- 1 tsp red peppers crushed
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Dried Ancho Peppers crushed
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Dried Chipolte Peppers crushed
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Dried New Mexico Pods crushed
- 1-2 tbsp cumin
- 4 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 can green chilies chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 can Great Northern Beans or Black Eyed
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 package fresh Mariposa Farms Cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in very large pot at medium-low. Saute onion 10 minutes. Add venison, increase heat and cook through. (It helps to cover pot to cook venison)
- Add peppers, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer on low 60-90 minutes. Add beans, lime juice, chopped green chilies, cilantro, vinegar and brown sugar and heat through.
- Serve over white rice or corn bread muffins. Top with sour cream, grated cheese and or hot sauce.
- Keeps very well in the refrigerator.
Share this Recipe