|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 12 garlic cloves large
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 lb beef tenderloin cubed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Sage
- 2 parsnips peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 rutabaga peeled, chopped
- 14 1/2 oz beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss garlic with 1 tbsp butter on baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and soft.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large pot over high heat.
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper and dust with flour.
- Saute until no longer pink.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the vegetables, broth, wine, herbs and roasted garlic to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer until vegetables are tender for about 25 minutes.
- Return beef and any juices to the pot.
- Mix in remaining 1 tbs. butter and 1 tbs. flour.
- Stir until stew thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Share this Recipe