|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 peaches firm-ripe, peeled, pitted, quartered
- 1 oz Mariposa Farms Fresh Opal Basil leaves
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 cup sugar
Creme Fraeche (optional)
- Combine cream and buttermilk in a glass jar and tightly cover with a breathable cloth. (Cheesecloth)
- Let sit at 70-75 F degrees (room temperature) for 24 hours.
- Stir, screw on jar lid, and let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Place peaches and opal basil in bowl and set aside.
- Combine lime zest, sugar and a cup of water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the hot syrup over peaches and basil.
- Serve the peaches in bowls, garnished with a dollop of Creme Fraeche if desired.
Share this Recipe