- 1 1/2- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken sliced
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Lemongrass cut into 2-3 inch pieces, bruise each piece
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, then sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, then sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, then sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 2 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Chives rinsed and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mandarin oranges in juice
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas (optional) OR
- 1/2-1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3-4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- You can either cook these over a camp fire or a charcoal grill. Either way make sure the coals are ready . You will need 6 sheets of heavy-duty foil and be sure to spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the chicken evenly among the foil sheets, top with a scoop of rice, red green and yellow peppers, onion, broccoli, oranges and peas. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce and mandarin orange juice, place 1 or 2 pieces of lemongrass on top. Fold foil into tent-style packets and seal the edges tightly.
- Place packets on hot coals and cook for 30 minutes, turning packets over occasionally. Cook until veggies are tender and the chicken is no longer pink.
- Carefully remove from the coals and place on plates, be careful of the steam when you open them. Remove and discard the lemongrass section, top with cashews, sesame seeds and chives and enjoy.
Share this Recipe