- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 1 tsp dried lavender blossoms
- 1 pkg fresh Mariposa Farms Mint leaves (wash and set aside for garnish)
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lavender syrup see herb infused simple syrup recipe
- 1/2 tsp water or more as needed
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar, add the egg yolks 1 at a time, beating until fully blended after the addition of each one. Add vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour until its just combined. Stir in lavender blossoms and lemon zest. Beat dough until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Form into a ball and divide into 4 pieces. Flatten and wrap in plastic, refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Using a rolling pin roll out each piece of dough separately. Roll on a lightly floured board to a thickness of about 1/8", cut with a 2-2 1/2" round cookie cutter. Place on parchment paper about 1" apart. Gather all the scraps and roll out again to cut more cookies, repeat until all dough is cut into circles.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly golden, let cool completely on sheets. Spread blueberry jam on half of the cookies and top with the flat side of the remaining cookies to form a sandwich.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, lavender syrup and water to blend. Add 1/2 more water at a time if necessary, until desired spreadable consistency. Spread a thin layer atop each cookie sandwich. Top each cookie with a mint leaf while icing is wet. Refrigerate and let sit for a hour until icing is set. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe