|Cook Time||75 minutes|
- 16 oz lasagna noodles
- 16 oz shredded mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 28 oz can tomatoes chopped (do not drain)
- 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Pasta Mix chopped (leaves only), reserve 1 tbs
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Chives chopped for garnish
- In a large sauce pan cook beef, pork, onion, garlic and green pepper until meat is cooked. Drain excess fat. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pasta mix (all but reserved tbs) and red pepper flakes. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and remainder of pasta mix. Arrange 1/2 of the noodles on a slightly greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the sauce. Repeat layers. Top with parmesan cheese
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and top with fresh chives before serving.
- Note: You may choose to make more layers in your lasagna by using less ingredients on each layer.
Share this Recipe