- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic number depending on size/peeled and minced
- 1 + 1 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Oregano rinsed and finely chopped leaves
- 1 + 1 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil rinsed, leaves stacked, rolled and sliced
- 1 1/4 + 1 1/4 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinsed and chopped leaves
- 5 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes diced (approximately 2 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth reduced sodium variety
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large, thick bottom saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, 1/2 of the oregano, 1/2 of the thyme, 1/2 of the basil and cook until tender/soft, stirring often, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and gently cook them, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the broth, tomato paste and sugar. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered. Whip with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Pour into individual bowls and top with remaining fresh herbs and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Share this Recipe