You will also need:
- Small sauce pan, fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, funnel, 8 oz glass bottle or jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Carefully rinse the herbs to clean them. You will use one type of herb for each batch of simple syrup.
- Bring water to a boil. Add the sugar and whisk into the boiling water. Continue whisking until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the herb of your choice to the mixture. Let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and steep for about 30 minutes while the syrup cools. Use a slotted spoon and remove the herb from the syrup.
- Pour the cooled syrup through a fine mesh strainer or several layers of cheesecloth into glass jars or bottles. Close the jars and be sure to label with the herb used.
- Store herb infused simple syrup in the refrigerator. Add to you favorite recipes or beverages.
Share this Recipe