- 2 small roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lg mango diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small jicama peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp extra light virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mariposa Farms Fresh Cilantro rinsed and chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp peeled and devained
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime grated to use the zest
- 1 10 oz pkg sweet plantains frozen fried/thawed
- 1 pkg skewers
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tomatoes, mango, jalapeno, jicama, lime juice, and olive oil, toss to mix and season to taste with kosher salt. Let stand for 20-30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- In a large bowl toss the shrimp with the coconut milk and lime zest, let set for about 3-5 minutes. Preheat grill for the shrimp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. for the plantains.
- Poke skewers thru shrimp, pushing each shrimp onto the skewer to desired quantity. Place plantains on baking sheet that's lined with foil, lightly drizzle with coconut milk and lime zest, and bake according to directions on package.
- Place shrimp skewers on the grill, turning occasionally. Grill until they are pink, opaque and firm. Serve the shrimp on a plate with plantains and mango salsa, top with chopped cilantro.
Share this Recipe