|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 oz pasta (any variety) whole wheat or regular
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced/divided
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Dehydrated Shiitake Slices re-hydrated
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Dehydrated NW Blend Mushrooms re-hydrated
- 2 tbsp flour whole wheat of regular
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Savory rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Marjoram rinsed and chopped leaves
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Rosemary rinsed and chopped leaves
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinsed, leaves
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Oregano rinsed and chopped leaves
- 1 1/2 cups milk or almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Mariposa Farms Fresh Parsley rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup water, broth, milk or cream optional ( use to keep sauce from getting too thick)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain when done and toss with a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking, set aside.
- Re-hydrate the mushrooms using the instructions on the back of the package. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium high heat, add 2 cloves of the minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes, until starting to brown. Set aside.
- In a separate pan melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the remainder of the minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the flour and stir for a minute or two to cook the flour. Add the milk slowly, whisking to incorporate. Add the oregano, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and savory, stir and let the mixture thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sauce, pasta and mushrooms together. Add the olive oil, and stir in the parsley just before serving. (If needed add a small amount of the water, broth, milk or cream to keep the sauce from getting to thick). Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Share this Recipe