- 1 4 lb cured corned beef brisket trimmed
- 16 cups water
- 2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 lbs carrots cut in half lenghtwise
- 1 1/2 tsp pickling spices
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 2 & 1/2 lb head green cabbage cored and cut into 1" strips
- 4 lbs small red potatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh Mariposa Farms parsley chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp lemon rind grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 5 oz jar preparred horseradish drained and squeezed dry (optional)
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Place corned Beef in a large stockpot; add water, onion, celery, pickling spice and garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours. Remove brisket from pot. Set aside.
- Strain cooking liquid into 2 large bowls; discard solids. Return liquid to the pot.
- Add caraway seeds and cabbage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Drain.
- While cabbage is cooking, place potatoes and carrots in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes and carrots to pan. Stir in parsley, butter, lemon rind, lemon juice and pepper; toss to coat.
- Optional: Preheat broiler. Place corned beef on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine breadcrumbs and horseradish. Spread mustard over one side of corned beef. Press breadcrumb mixture onto the mustard. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
Share this Recipe