|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 hours|
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup poultry giblets chopped, cooked
- 1/2 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Poultry Mix chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cup bread cubes dry
- 4 cup corn bread cubes dry
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth/water
- Cook celery and onion in margarine or butter in a small saucepan 'til tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in giblets, poultry mix, pepper and salt.
- Place dry bread and corn bread cubes in a large mixing bowl; add the onion mixture.
- Drizzle with enough brother or water to moisten, tossing lightly to mix. (Makes 8 cups, 10-12 servings)
To cook giblets:
- Rinse giblets and neck.
- Refrigerate liver until needed.
- Place remaining giblets and neck in a medium saucepan.
- Add enough lightly salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 1 hour or until tender.
- Add liver and simmer 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove giblets and finely chop. Discard neck.
- Strain Broth.
- Chill 'til needed.
Share this Recipe