- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken cutlets pounded thin so it cooks quickly
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Dehydrated Stir Fry Blend Mushrooms re-hydrated (or your favorite mushroom variety)
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp Mariposa Farms Saffron threads
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Mariposa Farms Fresh Parsley rinsed and chopped leaves
- Place each of the chicken cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 3/8 inch thick. Remove from plastic and season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook the chicken until its golden brown and cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and put it on a serving platter covered loosely with foil to keep it warm.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the garlic and cook until tender, Add the mushrooms and warm them through. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Using a wooden scraper or spoon, scrape all of the browned bits and pieces from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and saffron threads, bring to a simmer and reduce for 8-10 minutes. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 1-2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Remove the foil from the chicken and pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the parsley over the top of the chicken and serve while hot.
Share this Recipe