|Prep Time||30-60 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-30 minutes|
- 1 medium to large sized butternut squash peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 4 oz white wine
- 18 oz vegetable stock
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil leaves/ chopped
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Chervil
- 2 1/2 oz extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 oz heavy cream
- 1 medium sized lime zest and juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz creme fraiche recipe below
- 1 oz pine nuts lightly toasted
- Combine the buttermilk and heavy cream in a non-reactive container. Cover and allow to rest at room temperature until thickened to desired texture, this usually takes 12 hours. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, drizzle with the oil and honey. Place in the oven and roast for 25-35 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a skillet until its hot, add the onions and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the wine and vegetable stock, bring to a boil. Simmer for 3-4 minutes and then add the cooked squash.
- While that is cooking, chop half of the basil and all of the chervil and place in a food processor with the olive oil and blend to a fine puree. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Rinse out the food processor. Place the butternut soup in the food processor, add the heavy cream, lime juice and zest and blend to a puree. Return the butternut soup to a pan and heat through, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of creme fraiche. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, and drizzle with the herb puree. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves.
Share this Recipe