- 5 lg eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinsed and leaves removed from stems
- 4 sprigs Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme rinse and cut in half, set aside to use for garnish
- 3 1/4 cups fresh pitted cherries if you have to use frozen fruit thaw, drain and blot dry before using
- sea salt
- avocado or oilive oil for baking
- powdered sugar for dusting before serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- You will need a medium to large cast iron skillet
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of sea salt. Whisk until all ingredients are smooth. Add the zest from one lemon and 1 tsp of fresh thyme. Add the almond flour and continue to whisk until batter is smooth and without lumps. Let the batter rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the cat iron skillet in the oven for a few minutes to warm it up. Add enough avocado or olive oil to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet. Pour half of the batter into the skillet and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Place cherries evenly over the batter that is in the skillet and now pour the remaining batter over the cherries. Bake for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Test the center with a toothpick or a cake tester making sure it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 8 pie like slices. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve.
Share this Recipe