|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1h 20m|
- 1 4 lb whole chicken rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter cut into 1 tbs pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 navel oranges halved
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh Mariposa Farms Rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh Mariposa Farms Thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh Mariposa Farms Sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Pour the chicken broth into a small roasting pan, and set aside. Loosen the skin from the breast and thighs of the chicken. Stuff the butter pieces evenly underneath the skin of the chicken, and place chicken in the roasting pan.
- Squeeze the orange halves over the chicken and stuff the orange halves into the chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rub in the minced garlic. Drizzle the melted butter all over the chicken, lay the fresh herbs onto the breasts and around the legs.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and baste the chicken with the pan juices. Baste every 10-15 minutes after you uncover it.
- Continue cooking uncovered until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Once it reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees F. remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Share this Recipe