|Prep Time||1 hr|
|Cook Time||2 hrs|
- 1 lb dried red beans rinsed and checked for stones
- 1/2 cup pancetta diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Italian Flat Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme chopped
- 3/4 lb smoked sausage cut into bite sized pieces
- 11 cups chicken stock
- 2 Mariposa Farms Fresh Bay leaves
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1 package Mariposa Farms Fresh Chives chopped for garnish
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Place rinsed beans in a medium pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a large pot, cook pancetta until very crisp. Add onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are done (8-10 minutes). Add salt and pepper and cayenne. Stir.
- Add in the garlic, thyme, parsley and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring frequently.
- Pour beans and chicken stock into pot. Stir and add bay leaves. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours until the beans are done. Do not cover.
- Serve over white rice. Garnish with chopped chives.
Share this Recipe