|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 10 pieces thick cut bacon chopped and cooked / divide and save the equivalent of 4 pieces for topping
- 1 clove fresh garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 2 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Chives chopped / reserve for topping
- 2 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil chopped
- 2 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
- Chop the bacon into 1/2 inch chunks, cook the bacon until crisp and drain on a paper towel. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour off all but 2 tbsp of the bacon fat from the skillet and cook the garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic to the bacon along with the rest of the ingredients except for the butter. Mix with a large spoon or your hands. (You will want it to patty well, if too soupy add a little more flour. You don't want it to be really sticky either)
- In a clean skillet melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Form potato balls from the mixture using about a 1/4 cup for each. Place them in the hot pan and flatten to about 3/4 inch thick. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Serve while hot and crispy. Top with sour cream and chives or ketchup.
Share this Recipe