- 1/2 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Mint rinsed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for a gluten free treat, use gluten free flour)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3 ozs unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Its best to line your baking sheet with parchment paper for this recipe.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the butter and mint, melt the butter. This should only take 15-25 seconds. Take a spoon and smash the mint into the butter to release the mint flavor. Cover and set aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Using a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda; stir to combine and set aside.
- Strain the butter from the mint and add the chunks of unsweetened chocolate. Microwave until melted, approximately 20-30 seconds; stir well. Repeat heating for 10 seconds at a time stirring between each heating until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla; whisk well to combine. Add flour mixture; stir to combine. Fold in semi sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before scooping by tablespoonful onto the parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pan for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
Share this Recipe