- 1 1/2 cups dried mini pasta variety of your choice
- 2 fresh ears of corn or you can use 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded chicken cooked or canned
- 1/2 pkg grape tomatoes rinsed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp basil pesto see recipe on our website
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese finely shredded
- 1 pkg Mariposa Farms Fresh Basil rinsed, stack leaves, roll and slice
- 1 small can black beans drained and rinsed
- In a large pan bring water to boil and cook pasta according to the directions on package. If your not roasting the corn or you are using frozen corn add to the pasta the last 7 minutes of cooking time. Return to a boil and cook until pasta is tender and corn is tender-crisp, drain into a colander. Remove the ears of corn with a pair of tongs before draining the pasta.
- Rinse the pasta and corn in cold water to stop the cooking process, then drain well again. If you are using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, corn, chicken, tomatoes and a small can of black beans.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil before serving.
- In a screw top jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, pesto, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well.
Share this Recipe