|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 8 Mariposa Farms Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 scallions
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled, sliced
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 200 ml chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Then cut them into quarters, reserving their soaking water.
- Cut the chicken into similarly-sized pieces. Cut the scallions into 2-inch sections and separate the white and green parts.
- Crush the whites slightly with the side of your knife handle. Slice the green parts thinly and set aside.
- Add the cooking oil to a seasoned wok or braising pan over high heat.
- Then add the chicken and stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly browned. When the chicken is nearly done, add the ginger and scallion whites and allow the hot oil to release their fragrance.
- Add the Shaoxing wine, stir a few times, then add the mushrooms, their soaking water and enough stock or water to make up 300 ml. Add the sugar, soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the wok or pot, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and reduce the liquid to thicken the sauce. Adjust the seasoning, add the sliced scallion greens and sesame oil and serve.
Share this Recipe