|Cook Time||25 minutes per lb|
- 6-8 lb ham bone in
- 1 tbsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Mariposa Farms Fresh Rosemary chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme and rosemary. Season the ham with salt and pepper. Rub the herb mixture all over the ham and set aside to marinate and come to room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the herb-crusted ham in a roasting pan sitting on a rack. Bake approximately 25 minutes per pound, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F. on an instant read thermometer inserted near the bone. Remove from the oven and loosely tent aluminum foil over the ham until the center reaches a temperature of 160-165 degrees F. on the instant read thermometer, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove ham from the roasting pan. Transfer the drippings to a sauce pan to make the au-jus. Add the chicken stock, dash of salt and pepper and bring to boil over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium to keep warm until serving. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Once the ham has rested, transfer to a cutting board, carve, and serve with the au-jus on the side.
Share this Recipe