|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 12 oz. coconut milk canned preffered, such as chaokoh
- 1/4 lb. chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1 limes juice and grated peel
- 1 Mariposa Farms Fresh Lemongrass four inch piece, cut very thin
- 3 slices galangal root more if desired, or substitute fresh ginger
- 1 Mariposa Farms Dried Serrano Pepper to taste, cut into thin circles
- 1 sprig Mariposa Farms Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Pour the lime juice on the chicken and let stand while you prepare the rest of the soup.
- In a medium saucepan, place the coconut milk, lemon grass, grated lime peel, galanga or ginger, and (optionally) chiles.
- (The optional part is that if you don't want the whole dish to taste spicy, add the chiles later; the earlier you add them, the hotter the resulting dish.)
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer.
- When the soup is simmering, add the lime-soaked chicken pieces and stir to distribute them.
- Reduce the heat so the soup stays just below a boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are finished cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.
Share this Recipe